- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1969 AMC AMX S/S “Drag-on-Lady” “Legends of the Quarter Mile” MCACN (Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals) die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Officially licensed product.
- Opening hood, doors and trunk.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-9.75, W-4, H-2.75 inches.
- Undoubtedly the most famous of all the SS/AMXs, #35 was campaigned by H.L. and Shirley Shahan through the Southern California Dealer’s Association. The team was hired away from Dodge for the 1969 season and was AMC’s first factory-backed drag race team.
- AMC announced the SS/AMX-and the addition of the Shahans as factory drivers-in February 1969, and H.L. Shahan prepped all the cars at Hurst. Shirley ran 10.67s at 125.69mph at Orange County International Raceway, competing heavily in NHRA Division 7 and setting many SS/D records along the way.
- This vehicle was both converted into a 1970 AMX and then quickly returned to 1969 trim to remain legal for Super Stock. Over the years, it wore several different paint schemes, currently retaining its last-raced livery. When the factory team moved to Pro Stock with the Hornet and Gremlin chassis in 1971, this SS/AMX was returned to AMC and stored at Ricker Motors until it was discovered in the 1980s. Dr. Gordon Gibson is the current owner of this historic racer.
Length: 8.0000 inch X Length: 4.0000 inch X Length: 7.0000 inch X